I’m not sure how I could express the excitement I have for the time jump when Pretty Little Liars finally comes back next year, but I know there are people out there that are anything but excited. For me, it was about time they got out of high school, no matter how much I enjoyed the high school dramas, and it was time. The girls will finally become the women they actually are, and I think it will be fantastic. They left just enough mystery at the end of 6A to fester for 5 years before it blows up in their faces. I’m going to fathom guess and say it has something to do with whomever killed Mrs. DiLaurentis.
This is probably the most intel I have seen about the upcoming jump, and it isn’t much, but at least it’s a little something to fuel the curiosity monster in the back of your mind that is still thinking about all the PLL mystery.
Pretty Little Liars @ NY Comic-Con: Season 6B Premiere Date, ‘Ezria’s Status, Hanna’s ‘Baby’ and More Scoop
Pretty Little Liars made its New York Comic-Con debut on Friday, where the ABC Family drama’s cast and crew spilled some crucial details about Season 6B (premiering Jan. 12).
All five liars — Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, Troian Bellisario and Sasha Pieterse — were on hand, along with the show’s executive producers, to give fans a taste of what’s to come when PLL returns in January, beginning with a screening of the premiere’s first four minutes.
Highlights from those four minutes include:
* The premiere begins with a touching nod to the past five-and-a-half seasons, with echoes of the girls’ previous “A” accusations echoing through the halls of Rosewood High School.
* “Dr. Rollins” is helping Alison prepare for a hearing: Charlotte’s release!
* Spencer is living in Washington, D.C. “To have her be so successful in her career and be in … a political world was very exciting for me,” Bellisario says.
* Ezra published his book, and you can count Aria among his readers. “I was excited to see what Aria was going to pursue,” Hale says. “She takes a left turn and falls in love with writing and becomes a publisher. You’ll find out why she was looking at Ezra on the back of his book. … I think they’ll always be in each other’s lives. It’s complicated.”
* Prepare to think Hanna has a daughter, seen sitting next to her on a plane. (But don’t get too excited — she’s just watching her for someone else.) “She got into fashion and moved to New York,” Benson teases. “She traveled the world
* Emily’s a bartender in a tropical locale. (Surprised?) “Out of all the girls, her time away is the hardest,” Mitchell says. “She goes through some things.”